Local businesses are being encouraged to submit their entries for this year’s Dorset Business Awards, organised by the Dorset Chamber, before the closing date on Friday August 2.
The Awards seek out and celebrate the organisations excelling within the business community and create a platform for the exceptional talent in the county to be recognised.
Businesses of all sizes, which are based in Dorset or have a BH/DT postcode, can enter one or more of the 12 categories for free, regardless of whether they are a member of the Dorset Chamber.
The categories for 2019 are:
- Teamjobs Team of the Year – rewarding the professionalism and hard-working teams in the county.
- Excellence in Exporting Award, sponsored by HSBC and PSP Worldwide Logistics – recognising a business which has achieved sustainable levels of international growth through exporting.
- Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Superior Seals – honouring the apprentices across a variety of sectors for the value they add to businesses and futureproofing workforces.
- Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership – for an individual making a significant contribution to the wider business community and the local economy.
- Enhanced Business Growth Award – celebrating businesses that have grown in a sustainable way, and can demonstrate plans to continue.
- PKF Francis Clark Family Business Award – recognising the success and significant role family businesses play in our local economy.
- Lester Aldridge Company of the Year – acknowledging all-round business excellence.
- BV Dairy Investing in Dorset – looking for Dorset businesses that proactively support other businesses in the county for the benefit of the local economy.
- Dorset Environmental Business Award, sponsored by Dorset Wildlife Trust and Kingston Maurward College – recognising a business with outstanding commitment to managing its environmental impact.
- Excellence in Engineering & Manufacturing Award, sponsored by REIDsteel and Atlas Elektronik – for businesses that excel within the STEM sector and contribute to the local economy.
- Creative Impact Award, sponsored by Liz Lean PR and Digital Storm – recognising creative and impactful marketing campaigns.
- Employee Health & Wellbeing Award, sponsored by Ouch Training Team – honouring an employer leading in their commitment to the health and wellbeing of their workforce.
Stuart Dixon, head of marketing communications at Dorset Chamber, said: “These prestigious Awards mean that businesses can be represented on a national stage, helping to attract investment and talent into the county. Dorset Chamber is extremely proud to be the organisers of these Awards, and we look forward to receiving a diverse range of entries and announcing our finalists in September.”
In association with the Daily Echo and Dorset Echo, the Awards are also backed by the south’s leading radio station Wave 105. Entries should be submitted via www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk before the deadline of Friday August 2.
Westover Group, Auto Partner of the Dorset Business Awards, will be involved by bringing a selection of vehicles to the celebrations.
David Banks, business development specialist at Westover Group, commented: “The Dorset Business Awards has gained a reputation as the most coveted business accolade, and the gala dinner is the most prestigious and well-attended event in the county. As such, the Westover Group is delighted to be associated with this Awards programme and has confirmed to return for the second year running as the official Auto Partner. We will have a presence at key Dorset Business Award events, including the gala dinner in November, displaying vehicles from some of the 15 manufacturers we represent in the county. By supporting the Dorset Business Awards it provides us with the opportunity to reinforce the strong relationships we have with corporate customers throughout the region.”
For further information about the Awards or to purchase tickets for the Gala Dinner please visit www.dorsetbusinessawards.co.uk or contact the Dorset Chamber on 01202 714810.
Tickets cost £86 + VAT per person or £800 +VAT for a table of 10 (for members) or cost £96 + VAT per person or £900 + VAT for a table of 10 (for non-members).