This full-day practical course provides delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to prepare and process the documents required for exporting goods overseas
It is fully supported with user friendly and up-to-date notes (including copies of completed documents) to ensure the skills learned can be used effectively back in the workplace.
During the day delegates will study the principles and current industry practices required to ensure that they can process documents thus ensuring they operate both legally and cost effectively. They will study all of the critical documents – and will know how to complete them, what to do with them and WHY they are preparing them.
• "The Foundations" including a look at information sources, legal requirements, record keeping and software systems.
• The significance of documentary content – with specific reference to Incoterms 2020, how to prove origin and the commodity code.
• Exporters commercial documents – quotations, invoices and packing lists
• The "origin documents" – including Country of Origin, EUR1s and ATRs
• Further official export documents – export licences, pre-shipment inspection, and C88 SAD
• Dealing with the freight forwarder – including ECSIs, SSNs
• The proof of export documents – including Bills of lading, AWBs and CMR notes.
• Payment mechanisms and a review of the documents needed to ensure payment
This course is aimed at owner/proprietors of small businesses that manage their own export and customs processes and personnel who administer the functions within larger organisations. This includes staff working in export administration, export sales and freight moving who are required to deal with export documents and customs processes within their organisation. The course is valuable for both newcomers wanting an introduction and overview, and experienced staff needing a refresher on current requirements. At the end of the programme delegates will have received training to ensure they can confidently deal with export documents within their organisation thus ensuring both legal compliance and cost effectiveness for all of their exports.
March 26, 2020
Customs Procedures and Export Documentation
at Dorset Business, the Chamber of Commerce & Industry
DATE & TIME
Date: March 26, 2020
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Dorset Business, the Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Chamber House, Acorn Office Park, Poole BH12 4NZ
Telephone: 01202 714800
To book on to this event you will need your Dorset Chamber username and password. To get your password enter your username (this is your email address) and submit. A link to reset your password will be sent to your email.
If you are not a Dorset Chamber member and would like to join click here otherwise please complete the registration process when making a booking.
Please login if you are a Dorset Chamber member to receive your discounted member rate.