**1 MODULE – FOUNDATION AWARD IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE**
Export Documentation problems will often lead to delays in getting goods to customers, increased costs and charges, and a breakdown of goodwill between seller and buyer. Changes to regulations and requirements often pass unnoticed or are misunderstood.
HM Revenue and Customs require exporters to demonstrate documentary compliance with security and customs regimes, even if they choose to outsource the shipping function to agents or forwarders or delegate logistics to the buyer under ex-works terms or similar. Non compliance risks delay in the supply chain and the possibility of financial penalty. Customs organisations globally are increasingly offering simplified border procedures for those compliant organisations.
This export training course will address all these issues and more. It will examine all aspects of export documentation from first enquiry to arrival of the goods at destination and will seek to establish best practice, emphasising the need for a clear and coherent audit trail for each shipment to ensure customs compliance.
• Introduction- Background, context and current developments
• Export Controls – Background, development and documentary compliance requirements
• Destination Country Requirements- Illustrated with current examples
• Financial Documentation – Insurance certificates, bank requirements for documentary settlement
• Customs Compliance – Security initiatives, Authorised Economic Operator, commodity codes, customs procedure codes
• Internal Documentation – Audit trail, sales contracts, customs requirements, proof of export, invoices, packing lists, shipping instructions, pre-shipment inspections
• Consignment Documentation – Shipping notes, bills of lading, waybills, express bills, air waybills, road/rail consignment notes
• Customs Documentation – European/arab certificates of origin, EUR1, invoice declarations, community transit, intrastat, NES export declarations
• Provide an overview of export control requirements
• Identify the destination country requirements for documents required
• Gain an overview of export contract documentation
• Understand when, why and by whom the documents are required
• Provide the necessary information for completion of documentation by other parties
• Compliance with security and customs requirements
• Establishment of a clear and coherent audit trail for each shipment
The trainer will use oral and visual presentation, reference to fictitious and real examples and participatory exercises to illustrate course content. The delegates will receive copies of the presentation on which notes can be made together with a workbook for future reference
Who should attend?
This course is graded as intermediate level. It is designed for more experienced exporters, those who require a refresher course or updating in the latest procedures or those who have attended the Introduction to Export Operations export training course. It will be assumed that delegates have a basic working knowledge of exporting procedures. The content will be relevant to field and office based sales staff, purchasing staff, shipping and despatch personnel, accounts and finance staff, customer services, freight forwarders and logistics.
Grant funding: this is available from HMRC with up to 70% of training cost covered. Please note the availability of this funding is limited, and will close on April 5. Click here to find out more.
In the event of a booking being cancelled prior to the scheduled course date, the following charges will apply:
30+ days notice = 25%
14-30 days notice = 50%
<14 days notice = 100%
Bookings can be transferred to a later date but will incur a £10 admin fee.
Member Price £281.25 + VAT, Non-Member Price £375 + VAT
April 25, 2019
Export – Understanding the Paperwork
at Bulbury Woods Golf Club
DATE & TIME
Date: April 25, 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Bulbury Woods Golf Club
Bulbury Lane, Lytchett Minster, Poole BH16 6HR
Telephone: 01929 459574
To book on to this event you will need your Dorset Chamber username and password. To get your password enter your username (this is your email address) and submit. A link to reset your password will be sent to your email.
If you are not a Dorset Chamber member and would like to join click here otherwise please complete the registration process when making a booking.
Please login if you are a Dorset Chamber member to receive your discounted member rate.