**1 MODULE – FOUNDATION AWARD IN INTERNATIONAL TRADE**
This import training course will offer practical guidance on the latest procedures, terminology and documentation required for successful importing. It will highlight some of the pitfalls that often cause importers to incur unnecessary costs and delays in arrival of goods and suggest some ways of avoiding these. It will increase understanding of Customs rules and compliance procedures and look briefly at some of the duty reliefs available. The import training course will include a summary of Incoterms® 2010 Rules.
• General Importing Issues – A brief economic background to import export – primary and secondary imports – import controls – The Role of HM Revenue and Customs – preferential trading agreements
• Supplier and Product – Indirect and direct importing – Quality issues-The importing fundamentals-type of supplier – moral and ethical considerations-sources of help-product risk-instructing the supplier
• The role of freight forwarders and clearing agents- Shipping agents and airline forwarders – fast parcels operators – how do they cost for carriage – what is an "agent" – direct and indirect contracting – the role of clearing agent- the need for control
• Import Risk Evaluation Exercise
• The Terms of Delivery – The New Incoterm – Description of rules – discussion of advantages and disadvantages of each term from an importers perspective
• Cargo Insurance – Forwarders cover – open cover- issues to consider
• Documentation – The importance of controlling import documentation – Types of import documentation – rules for completion – examples – electronic documentation – storage and retention
• International Payments – Payment options for import – Letters of Credits – Documentary requirements – Documentary Collections
• The Role of Customs – Authorised Economic Operators-The Integrated Tariff – customs procedures – classification and commodity codes – customs procedure codes
• The Origin Question – Where do goods originate – why is it important – how to establish origination – preferential trading – origin documentation
• European Community Trading- Free Circulation – Community Transit – Intrastat Procedures
• Licensing and Quotas – Why do we need import licenses – The licensing bodies – import quotas and community ceilings
• Import Declarations – The sequence of events – Declaration options – Customs Freight Simplified Procedures-Declaration documents
• Duties – Calculation of duty and VAT -Anti Dumping Duty – Suspension and Deferment of duty – duty management
• Import Duty Relief Regimes – Duty Suspension – End Use – Inward processing Relief – Outward Processing Relief – Returned Goods Relief – Customs Warehousing
Who Should Attend?
Those with responsibility for purchasing from abroad, inward freight, customer services, customs clearance and financial staff. The course content will be equally relevant to sole traders, personnel from large corporation and small and medium size enterprises. It will be equally suitable for those with no prior experience and those who require updating with the latest information.
In the event of a booking being cancelled prior to the scheduled course date, the following charges will apply:
30+ days notice = 25%
14-30 days notice = 50%
<14 days notice = 100%
Bookings can be transferred to a later date but will incur a £10 admin fee.
Member Price £281.25 + VAT, Non-Member Price £375 + VAT
April 26, 2019
at Dorset Chamber of Commerce & Industry
DATE & TIME
Date: April 26, 2019
Time: 09:30 - 16:30
Dorset Chamber of Commerce & Industry
Lower Ground Floor, Chamber House, Acorn Office Park, Ling Road, Poole BH12 4NZ
Telephone: 01202 714807
To book on to this event you will need your Dorset Chamber username and password. To get your password enter your username (this is your email address) and submit. A link to reset your password will be sent to your email.
If you are not a Dorset Chamber member and would like to join click here otherwise please complete the registration process when making a booking.
Please login if you are a Dorset Chamber member to receive your discounted member rate.