The Careers and Apprenticeship Show
Bournemouth International Centre, 26th September 2018
Skills shortages are the single largest challenge facing UK PLC and it is essential we help prepare our young people for their future careers.
We are delighted to announce the Careers and Apprenticeship Show at the Bournemouth International Centre on 26th September 2018.
This unique county-wide business-led event will bring schools, colleges, universities and businesses across Dorset together and will showcase the very best that Dorset has to offer in relation to careers and apprenticeships. This event offers businesses direct engagement with young people aged 15-19 across all schools in Dorset who are investigating their future careers.
This major event offers businesses across all sectors the opportunity to:
- Directly talk face to face with students, parents and carers
- Discuss careers and apprenticeship opportunity within your business
- Reach all Dorset schools through one single event
- Develop long-term relationships with schools across Dorset
We are delighted to have support and sponsorship for this event from SUN (NCOP) partnering with Careers and Enterprise, Dorset Local Enterprise Partnership, Dorset Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Young Chamber, Bournemouth Borough Council, Borough of Poole, Christchurch Borough Council East Dorset District Council and Dorset County Council.
Who will attend?
With over 3,000 young people already booked to attend, all schools with young people aged 15 to 19 are invited to this event. Colleges, universities and other education providers will be in attendance. There are 95 business stands available.
Booking a stand
Stands are available from £250 plus VAT and includes:
- A numbered a solid structure shell stand measuring 3m x 2m (ishell aluminium system with white Foamex Infill Panels measuring 1m x 2.44m)
- Two lights per each stand
- A table and two chairs for exhibitors (more can be provided at an extra charge)
- A complimentary pack of bottled water and lanyards for two exhibitors
- Invitation to attend a sponsored breakfast on the morning of the event for two named delegates
- Access to tea and coffee throughout the day (vouchers provided)
- Midday lunch
- Afternoon refreshments
- Access to Wi Fi
There are a limited number of larger, end of aisle stands available measuring 4m x 2m. These are available at £350 plus VAT.
The event is open to all Dorset businesses (Non-members and members of Dorset Chamber)
Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Key business sponsor (single sponsor £2,000, joint sponsor £1,500)
- Sponsoring a room for workshop activities (from £250)
- Sponsoring transport for schools or an individual school close to your postcode (from £150)
- Suspended banners (price on application from £150)
Contact Carmel Lewis-Lapthorn for more information
Exhibitor set up instructions
Once you booking has been confirmed you will be sent an information pack via e-mail. This contains information on additional extras for your stand.
Parking available in the BIC or Winter Gardens (not included in costs)
Venue – Purbeck Hall, Bournemouth International Centre, Exeter Rd, Bournemouth BH2 5BH
Exhibitors are able to set up the day before the event on Tuesday 25th September from 15:00 until 19:00.
Exhibitors can also set up from 7.00am on Wednesday 26th September by must ensure set-up is complete by 09:15. #
For enquiries please contact Carmel Lewis-Lapthorn or Siobhan Birtwistle on 01202 714800.
08:30 to 09.30
Networking breakfast for exhibitors sponsored by the Dorset LEP
09:30 to 16:00
Event open to schools
16.30 to 20.00
Event open to parents, carers and student