First time exporters
A wealth of expertise ready to assist you along your export journey
Companies that export become 34% more productive within the first year alone, are more resilient and are 11% more likely to survive. 80% of businesses in the South West don’t realise they can export their goods or services.
A world of opportunity awaits
There’s a lot of talk around at the moment that the best (and sometimes only) way to grow your business is by exporting. But the problem with this is that for a lot of entrepreneurs and SMEs that they simply don’t know where to start when it comes to ‘export’.
Exporting needn’t be difficult. It doesn’t matter which country you’re looking at, what industry sector you are in, or what stage your business is at, Dorset Chamber can help start your journey.
If you want your business to grow internationally, with UK government’s global support, tap into our expertise right now.
The benefits of expanding internationally are clear to see, with exporting businesses on average generating growth rates of over 30% after just two years, but there’s still a whole host of questions that people ask when first considering export.
International Trade E-Newsletter
HM Government Department for International Trade
The Department for International Trade (DIT) are responsible for promoting British trade across the world and ensuring the UK takes advantage of the huge opportunities open to us. The new department also helps overseas companies locate and grow in the UK.
DIT are responsible for:
- Developing, coordinating and delivering a new trade and investment policy to promote UK business across the globe
- Developing and negotiating free trade agreements and market access deals with non-EU countries
- Negotiating plurilateral trade deals (focused on specific sectors or products)
- Providing operational support for exports and facilitating inward and outward investment
Whether you are a first time exporter or if you want to find new markets, DIT is here to help.
We have experienced International Trade Advisers in the area who will act as your guide to help develop your international business strategy, as well as events, market research, training, webinars, trade shows and market visits; your journey will not be alone!
DIT services can open doors overseas to help you:
- Identify export opportunities
- Access powerful research to asses which markets are right for your product or service
- Overcome barriers to market entry or expansion and find the best routes to market for you
- Create a sustainable export plan for your business
- Create and grow overseas marketing and digital strategy
- Ensure you are equipped to deal with cultural and language differences
DIT have helped thousands of local businesses get started in export or to grow their international trade activity. See how Floodstop in Bournemouth, benefited from the support of DIT
DIT South West Regional Office contact details
01275 370 944
A world of opportunities awaits: the demand is out there, you should be too.