Apprentices at Lester Aldridge recently met up for a lunch and some training to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2018, which runs from 5 to 9 March 2018.
The firm currently employs 10 apprentices across a variety of business support teams; current apprenticeships include Business Administration, IT, Accounting and Marketing.
Apprenticeships offer a fantastic opportunity to those who want to combine achieving a qualification with on-the-job training.
The benefits of an apprenticeship include:
- nationally recognised qualification
- earn a wage and holiday pay
- on-the-job training
- a high percentage of apprentices gain employment or stay with their employer (94% from Bournemouth & Poole College)
- cover a huge range of industries
- get time for study (usually one day a week day release)
Lester Aldridge offers Intermediate Apprenticeships (Level 2), which is equivalent to five A*-C GCSEs. They typically last 12 to 24 months.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays
- living in England and
- not in full-time education
Find out more:
- Look at the .Gov Apprenticeshipweb page
- From your careers advisor
- Approach your local college (e.g. Bournemouth and Poole College) or look at their website
Lester Aldridge has two vacancies at present for apprentices. Check out the latest vacancies on our website at www.lesteraldridge.com/careers.