Apprentices at Lester Aldridge recently met up for a lunch and some training to celebrate National Apprenticeship Week 2018, which runs from 5 to 9 March 2018.
The firm currently employs 10 apprentices across a variety of business support teams; current apprenticeships include Business Administration, IT, Accounting and Marketing.
Apprenticeships offer a fantastic opportunity to those who want to combine achieving a qualification with on-the-job training.
The benefits of an apprenticeship include:
- nationally recognised qualification
- earn a wage and holiday pay
- on-the-job training
- a high percentage of apprentices gain employment or stay with their employer (94% from Bournemouth & Poole College)
- cover a huge range of industries
- get time for study (usually one day a week day release)
Lester Aldridge offers Intermediate Apprenticeships (Level 2), which is equivalent to five A*-C GCSEs. They typically last 12 to 24 months.
Who can apply?
You can apply for an apprenticeship while you’re still at school. To start one, you’ll need to be:
- 16 or over by the end of the summer holidays
- living in England and
- not in full-time education
Find out more:
- Look at the .Gov Apprenticeshipweb page
- From your careers advisor
- Approach your local college (e.g. Bournemouth and Poole College) or look at their website